Saturday 30 November 2013

Smashbox studio skin 15 hour foundation

Last week, while on my quest for a final Christmas present for my Gran, I stumbled across the new Smashbox beauty desk in Boots on Portsmouth's high street. The whole "premium" make-up area has had a shift around, with Benefit replaces Dior *cry* and Smashbox taking over a previous display wall. I love Smashbox eyeshadow's and I prefer them to the MAC one's. I find them a little softer, but that's probably just me. Anyway, I got chatting to the lovely Lee about Marketing (I'm networking for Summer placements literally anywhere) and got persuaded to try some of their foundation. I received a sample of their Photo finish primer (the clear one) in Vogue some time in the last year and loved it! But with the lack of presence of Smashbox in Portsmouth, I bought pore professional instead. 

Back to the foundation, it has amazing coverage and over their hydrating primer, lasted all day with no budging what so ever. it was also a lot lighter than the Estee Lauder Double wear. I am very impressed! I got given a sample, which I plan to test on my next night out to see what it's like in slightly warmer situations, but so far so good.

One thing I will say is do not go by any colour samples on their website. I am the shade "Light Beige 2.1" which is perfect, but online looks like a washed out grey. Another example is their lipstick shades. I'll include an example of this below. The larger image of their red lipstick is exactly that, red, but their swatches on the side for their true red shade "legendary" is a berry colour... Think this needs sorting out!



Me wearing Smashbox studio skin 15 hour foundation 



No comments:

Post a Comment